Error 26 RRS feed

• Question

• User1869269768 posted
    Hi,
    I just installed Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition and Atlas and created a Personal Web Site Starter Kit Project. The first thing I saw was Congratulations! You have created your own Personal Web Site, which includes a home page, resume, and photo album. You can press CTRL+F5 to run your site right now. Then I pressed CTRL+F5 and I got the following error in my web browser:

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)

I would like to add that I don't have SQL Server 2005 and IIS. Is that the problem or something else?

Saturday, April 1, 2006 1:08 PM

All replies

• User1869269768 posted
    I installed MS SQL Server 2005 EE and it works. But I need some tutorial to help me to customize my site. For example how can I edit the links? When I opened the file with the links its content was just this:

using System;
    using System.Data;
    using System.Configuration;
    using System.Web;
    using System.Web.Security;
    using System.Web.UI;
    using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
    using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts;
    using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;

public partial class Links_aspx : System.Web.UI.Page  {

}
    Saturday, April 1, 2006 3:00 PM
  • User-1969010121 posted

Hi i think may be you have to change the connection string in the web.config

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 5:31 PM