VS2013 not reporting binding errors at run-time anymore?

Question

• I have a C# Windows Store App (WinRT) that I recently refactored.  As part of the refactoring I changed the names (on purpose) of several ViewModel properties.  Two of my XAML pages had active bindings to the properties whose names were changed.  As expected, when I ran the app nothing appeared in the affected XAML elements.  However, there were absolutely no binding errors showing in the Output window.  This made fixing the broken bindings a lot more time consuming of course.

How can I fix this problem and get VS2013 (rc 2) to start reporting binding errors again?

-- roschler

Tuesday, September 02, 2014 9:28 PM

Answers

• Hi roschler,

As agreement the output should display the binding errors pre the documentation Debugging data bindings mentioned, and I saw you are currently use rc2, I would recommend you update to a RTM update.

Furthermore you could also test the data binding in desiger: Displaying data in the designer.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, September 03, 2014 6:50 AM