none
Safari Error while parsing the 'sandbox' attribute: 'ms-allow- popups' RRS feed

• Question

• My new Outlook add-in fails validation because of an error create within the Safari browser.

The add-in loads continuously and you are unable to use its features. 

Here is the console error when loading the add-in:

Error while parsing the 'sandbox' attribute: 'ms-allow-

popups' is an invalid sandbox flag.

fruntime.js:12:124059 

I do not know where the error comes from. But for me it looks like an error from the add-in infrastructure code.

This does not look like it came from my add-in, since I need not to allow pop ups.

Any help would be appreciated.

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 8:59 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi prog_1,

Based on my researching, it seems to be related with iframe. To narrow down this issue, I suggest you try something below:

1. Create a new simple outlook add in without changing anything to check whether this issue still exist.
    2. If it is not exist in new simple project, I suggest you copy web page to other project like mvc web project to check whether this issue exist.
    3. If it is not exist, I suggest you comment out code part by part to check whether line cause this issue in web page in Outlook add in.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, February 25, 2016 3:32 AM
  • Hi Edward,

to find the source of the error I have done exactly this 3 point.

1. Even the default add in created from Visual Studio 2013 does not work within Safari.

2. You can open the web page directly from Safari without problems.

3. Commenting all code out, does not solve the problem.

Now I do not know how to solve the problem.

Kind regards,

Fabian

Thursday, February 25, 2016 11:29 AM
  • Hi Fabian,

It seems your issue is related with developing environment. Which version of Safari you used? You need Safari 5.0.6 or a later version. Internet Explorer 9 or later which must be installed but doesn’t not have to be the default browser.

For other requirements, I suggest you check the link below whether you meet all the requirements.
    #Requirements for running Office Add-ins
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/dn833104.aspx

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Monday, February 29, 2016 5:42 AM
  • Hi Edward,

sorry but the newest version of Safari for Windows was developed in 2012.

If you use this version 5.1.7 you can not use add ins at all. Because this version only supports the light version of Outlook.com. You can not debug this as well, because no support from the Visual Studio. 

Anyway I get the error with the newest version of Safari on MacOS.

It can not be a problem with my environment because the error occurs on validation from the store team as well.

At the moment it looks like it is impossible to submit Outlook add ins to the store because there is problem with Safari (MacOS) and the add in framework itself.

Any other suggestions?

Kind regards,

Fabian

Monday, February 29, 2016 9:32 AM
  • Hi Fabian,

>> You can not debug this as well, because no support from the Visual Studio.
    How did you develop your Add in, with VS under windowsOS or Napa under MacOS?

>> At the moment it looks like it is impossible to submit Outlook add ins to the store because there is problem with Safari (MacOS) and the add in framework itself

To be honesty, I am not able to test this with Safari under MacOS. To narrow down this issue whether it is related with MacOS, I suggest you test with Safari under windows.

Best Regards,

Edward

Tuesday, March 1, 2016 2:18 AM
  • Hi Edward,

I am using Visual Studio 2013.

Can not somebody from the Office Store Team take a look at it?

My validation is stuck into approval since a week now without any response.

Kind regards,

Fabian

Tuesday, March 1, 2016 7:59 AM
  • Hi prog_1,

>> Anyway I get the error with the newest version of Safari on MacOS.
    >> I am using Visual Studio 2013.

Do you have this issue when you debug outlook add-in in VS2013 with Safari or after you deploy outlook add-in in Office store and use it in Safari? Based on my understanding, we could not install VS2013 in MacOS.

>> Can not somebody from the Office Store Team take a look at it?

I could involve some senior engineers into this issue, and it will take some time. Due to the limitation of the community support channel and if this is an urgent issue, I will suggest you contacting the Microsoft professional support so that our engineers can work closely with you to troubleshoot this issue.

If the support engineer determines that the issue is the result of a bug the service request will be a no-charge case and you won't be charged. Please visit the below link to see the various paid support options that are available to better meet your needs. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;en-us;offerprophone

Best Regards,

Edward

Wednesday, March 2, 2016 1:57 AM
  • Hi Edward,

The Outlook Team has fixed the error and my Add In made it to the Office Store.

I have written a sentiment analyzer for email messages called Emma.
    Emma tells you how positiv or negativ a message is by analyzing the email with text mining algorithms.

Features:
    - Analyze sentiment of incoming mails
    - Analyze sentiment of outgoing mails
    - Irony detection
    - Quick view outgoing mails

Supported languages:
    - English
    - Spanish
    - French

https://store.office.com/emma-e-mail-mood-analyzer-WA104379982.aspx

Feel free to test ist even with this email ;-)
    Would be cool if you cool recommend it to other people at Microsoft or blog about it.
    Feedback is appreciated as well.

It would be great if you can tip the application on the following pages:

http://www.theverge.com/tip-us

http://techcrunch.com/got-a-tip/

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,
    Fabian

Monday, March 7, 2016 7:37 AM
  • Hi Fabian,

>> https://store.office.com/emma-e-mail-mood-analyzer-WA104379982.aspx

I could not open this link. I am glad your issue has been resolved, and it would be appreciated if you could share us more details information about this solution, and I suggest you mark your reply as answer, then others who run into the same issue would find the solution easily.

Best Regards,

Edward

Monday, March 7, 2016 9:07 AM
  • Hi Edward,

the link should work now:

Emma

Would be nice to get some feedback.

Kind regards,

Fabian

Thursday, March 10, 2016 2:36 PM
  • Hi Fabian,

Thanks very much for sharing.

Best Regards,

Edward

Friday, March 11, 2016 7:32 AM