Replacing customized start screen with original start screen..

Question

• Is that possible to create our own customized start screen..? Is there any classes for that and inherit them to do so..?

If we are able to do so and can we replace it with original start screen?

Pls help me... any suggestions are accepted.. Thank u

Monday, June 11, 2012 7:15 AM

Answers

• Hi BReddy,

The start screen is not replaceable.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by BReddy16 Thursday, July 5, 2012 1:46 PM
    Monday, June 11, 2012 12:16 PM
  • Hi Rob,

where does all the installed apps including metro apps are stored in windows 8? How to get that location?

Iam developing an application that uses  customizing the start screen(i.e. rearrange the tiles according to some user specific request)...

Pls provide me any suggestions programmatically or non-programmatically to do so..

• Marked as answer by BReddy16 Thursday, July 5, 2012 1:47 PM
    Monday, June 11, 2012 12:52 PM
  • Hi BReddy,

This is at least the third thread you've asked this in. Asking multiple times will not change the answer.

There is no supported way for a program to customize the start screen. That is left purely to the user. Where and how installed apps are stored is an undocumented implementation detail which applications should not (and cannot safely) depend on.

--Rob

Monday, June 11, 2012 1:07 PM
  • Only a user can customize their start screen. It is not programmatically accessible.

Monday, June 11, 2012 1:36 PM

All replies

• Hi BReddy,

The start screen is not replaceable.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by BReddy16 Thursday, July 5, 2012 1:46 PM
    Monday, June 11, 2012 12:16 PM
  • Hi Rob,

where does all the installed apps including metro apps are stored in windows 8? How to get that location?

Iam developing an application that uses  customizing the start screen(i.e. rearrange the tiles according to some user specific request)...

Pls provide me any suggestions programmatically or non-programmatically to do so..

• Marked as answer by BReddy16 Thursday, July 5, 2012 1:47 PM
    Monday, June 11, 2012 12:52 PM
  • Hi BReddy,

This is at least the third thread you've asked this in. Asking multiple times will not change the answer.

There is no supported way for a program to customize the start screen. That is left purely to the user. Where and how installed apps are stored is an undocumented implementation detail which applications should not (and cannot safely) depend on.

--Rob

Monday, June 11, 2012 1:07 PM
  • Only a user can customize their start screen. It is not programmatically accessible.

Monday, June 11, 2012 1:36 PM