Irregularly shaped gradient RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi, I'm new to expression design. I am working with a blobby shaped object. Is there a way to get a radial gradient fill effect to adhere to that shape instead of just remaining a circle. Sorry if this is an elementary question.
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 4:55 AM

All replies

  • Hi

    I think the effect is sometimes called a contour fill where the gradiated fill is constrained by the shape it is filling (thinking of contours on a map)

    I don't know if ED can do that but it might be approximated by using bevels, inner glow, ... on a second object with multiply blend mode on top of the first object with some gradient fill (or other providing it approximates the look you are after)
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 9:36 AM
  • for the moment the only way I am thinking of to soften the radial gradient is at in the middle a colorstop 0% transparancy at the corners of the gradient bar set to 100% and add in between as many stops as you like
    or try other transparancy and colorstop settings
    it won t be exactly what you want but maybe it can help you
    Thursday, November 12, 2009 7:10 PM