Format Outlook Calendar output (in Word?) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm not a developer but think you guys would be able to hint me into the right direction.

We need the events in an Outlook calendar to be automatically formatted in a simple and neat list, like so:

So the events would list as:

- Event name
    - Date
    - Description
    - Perhaps also location and category

How can this be achieved, and how can this be automated? Do we need to get someone to write a script or such?

I imagine that it could be an output/export from Outlook and the brought into Word...

Or is it easier to bring the event data into Access and then do some magic?

Thank you for any answers.

Monday, January 24, 2011 10:11 AM

Answers

• You would get a reference to the Outlook calendar folder and its contents (Items collection). You would iterate that Items collection, getting each item as an appointment item. From each appointment you could get Subject, Location, Start, Duration, any Body text and so on to your hearts content.

The data from each item could then be written into a Word document, an Access table or database, an Excel spreadsheet, a Notepad file, or some other type of output file.

Someone or other would have to write that code. The code itself could be an Outlook macro, a COM addin, code in Word/Excel/Access/PPT or somewhere else.

--
    Ken Slovak
    MVP - Outlook
    http://www.slovaktech.com
    Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007

"spirelliyy" <=?utf-8?B?c3BpcmVsbGl5eQ==?=> wrote in message news:1e136b50-bb23-4725-b903-0d184a02e46d...

Hi, I'm not a developer but think you guys would be able to hint me into the right direction.

We need the events in an Outlook calendar to be automatically formatted in a simple and neat list, like so:

So the events would list as:

- Event name
    - Date
    - Description
    - Perhaps also location and category

How can this be achieved, and how can this be automated? Do we need to get someone to write a script or such?

I imagine that it could be an output/export from Outlook and the brought into Word...

Or is it easier to bring the event data into Access and then do some magic?

Thank you for any answers.

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook
    • Marked as answer by 许阳(无锡) Thursday, February 17, 2011 5:07 AM
    Monday, January 24, 2011 2:44 PM