Datasheet form crashes Access RRS feed

• Question

• I have a client where our applications Datasheet forms crashes Access?
    Same application on couple hundred other PCs without any issues?

Office: 2010 Professional (32) bit

Application: Access2003 mde file, split application, each user has their own FE, BE mdb on server
    Installer: Sagekey using MSOffice 2003 Access Runtime
    Each PC has its on mde frontend

no missing references
    ran 2003 runtime repair
    ran 2010 office repair

1) I have tried running the mde on one of the problem PC with their full Access2010, same issue
    2) I have tried running the mdb on one of the problem PC with their full Access2010, same issue
    3) recompiled as Access2010 mde on a problem PC with their full Access2010, same issue
    4) walking through a form_open in debug (VBA has err_handlers) in the problem PC with their full Access2010, same issue
    tried with backend db on network or local, same issue

I rebuilt the application with the export objects to text method then rebuilt the objects from the text files
    I then created a new empty db, imported new objects
    recompiled as mde & then tried steps 1-4 above, same issue

Very frustrating as I can only duplicate the problem on their PCs
    The only info I could google had to do with a Access & SharePoint issues

I have searched and searched & did find that back in late 2012 an MS update messed up the MSCOMCTL.OCX
    Does anyone know if the MSCOMCTL.OCX (MS Common Controls) could affect an MS Access datasheet form?
    I can't find any mention of datasheet forms, just list controls, treeview, image list?

Cork Shunk
    CS-Graphx
    Friday, May 30, 2014 10:34 AM

Answers

• No, that OCX is just for some controls, as you already stated.

It may be best to rebuild that machine. Trying to debug this will take an unknown amount of time, while rebuilding it takes a known amount of time.

-Tom. Microsoft Access MVP

• Marked as answer by George Hua Thursday, June 5, 2014 4:12 PM
    Friday, May 30, 2014 11:07 AM

All replies

• No, that OCX is just for some controls, as you already stated.

It may be best to rebuild that machine. Trying to debug this will take an unknown amount of time, while rebuilding it takes a known amount of time.

• Marked as answer by George Hua Thursday, June 5, 2014 4:12 PM
    Friday, May 30, 2014 11:07 AM
  • Thanks for the reply Tom,

I did notice that when I repaired one of the problem PCs Office 2010 that the Programs & Features listed both Microsoft Office 2010 & Microsoft Office Professional 2010. I thought that that seemed a little odd?

Cork Shunk, CS-Graphx

Friday, May 30, 2014 11:35 AM
  • Yes it does seem odd. Maybe uninstall both and reinstall Pro?

Friday, May 30, 2014 2:04 PM
  • I talked to the clients it person & they said that the HP PCs came with Office (unlicensed) preinstalled but then the particular office version of office was by the license they purchased and downloaded. So they do not have install medium & I am afraid if I uninstall I wouldn't be able to reinstall without considerable problems/license issues? 

Cork Shunk, CS-Graphx

Thursday, June 5, 2014 5:02 PM