none
Access form is disappeared RRS feed

• Question

• In my form , i am running a query for button click. Data table that is related to query is having more than 80000 records. 

As a result it is taken around 3-4 minutes to run the query in very first time. My worry is not related to the time taken , but at middle of the time my form is completely disappeared and show the parent  window. Once the process is completed  after a minutes or two, it again appeared with success  message. 

I have looked some attributes of the form , but still with no luck. 

Monday, March 26, 2018 6:01 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Not sure if there's a fix for it but if you're using code to run the query, maybe you could try turning Echo off, then on after the query is finished running.

Just a thought...

Monday, March 26, 2018 2:28 PM
  • 80000 records is really not that much, and 3-4 minutes seems excessive. Can you post the SQL statement and a screenshot of the related tables?

-Tom. Microsoft Access MVP

Monday, March 26, 2018 2:55 PM
  • Hi Kithsiril,

Currently I am not available with 8000 records of data to make a test.

I try to make a test with Access 2016 with small amount of data to reproduce the issue.

I find that with small amount of data I am not able to reproduce the issue.

Can you inform us, How did you display this form?

Did you open the form on any button's click?

What if you set the form as full screen? does still it get disappeared?

Which version of Access You are using currently?

As a work around, did you try to display this form as sub form in your parent window?

You can try to set it's visibility on button click to display or hide it.

You can try to make a test with it on your side and let us know about the result.

We will try to provide further suggestions, If needed.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 1:46 AM
  • You can indicate a delay with the hour glass and you can also set a message on the Status Bar:

Echo true "Please be Patient while the BIG Query runs..."

Docmd.hourglass true '... 'run Your Query docmd.hourglass False

Echo true

Bu as suggest 80k records should not take that long. Can you reduce the table joins or simplify the query?

Post the SQL here so we can advise...

Brian, ProcessIT- Hawke`s Bay, New Zealand

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 2:34 AM