Break point will not be currently hit. No symbols have been loaded for this document in visual studio 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• User1432265183 posted

when i run in debug mode it does not stop on the break point... Instead of that, when i point to break point it shows like

"Break point will not be currently hit. No symbols have been loaded for this document"

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 5:15 AM

Answers

• User281315223 posted

This is an issue that can arise every so often, here are a few suggestions that might help : 

• Clean and Rebuild - Cleaning and rebuilding your current Project (Right-click > Clean, Right-click Rebuild respective) and see if that makes any difference at all. 
    • Closing Older IIS Instances - Stop your existing application and ensure that you don't have any additional IIS processes or instances of your local Web Server running.
    • Consider Restarting Visual Studio - If these issues are still persisting after the above steps, try restarting Visual Studio (and even your local machine)
    • Proper Project Targeting - If you are dealing with multiple Projects, ensure that the Project that you have a breakpoint in is actually running (Right-click your Solution > Set Startup Projects... > Ensure your current Project is selected)

I'm sure that one or more of these solutions should help solve your problem, but if the issue still persists after all of them, you might try looking into a few more advanced alternatives.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, August 13, 2013 2:02 PM
  • User571301025 posted

Hi,

Its a common problem occured many time for me too.

In order to avoid this try the follwing steps:

1) Rebuild the entire web site/solution using Rebuild option.

2) Kill the worker process, or Restart the IIS, Clean the Temporary ASP.Net Files (which can be found under the .net installed location)  and try.

3) Check that Correct App Pool/Worker process is attached. There may be a chance to attach the process with the wrong worker process.

4) Restart the VS and re-build

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 4:05 PM

All replies

• User1124648084 posted

Clean and rebuild solution. 

In case, that won't work, then restart IIS and try.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 5:34 AM
  • Tuesday, August 13, 2013 1:41 PM
  • User281315223 posted

This is an issue that can arise every so often, here are a few suggestions that might help : 

• Clean and Rebuild - Cleaning and rebuilding your current Project (Right-click > Clean, Right-click Rebuild respective) and see if that makes any difference at all. 
    • Closing Older IIS Instances - Stop your existing application and ensure that you don't have any additional IIS processes or instances of your local Web Server running.
    • Consider Restarting Visual Studio - If these issues are still persisting after the above steps, try restarting Visual Studio (and even your local machine)
    • Proper Project Targeting - If you are dealing with multiple Projects, ensure that the Project that you have a breakpoint in is actually running (Right-click your Solution > Set Startup Projects... > Ensure your current Project is selected)

I'm sure that one or more of these solutions should help solve your problem, but if the issue still persists after all of them, you might try looking into a few more advanced alternatives.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 2:02 PM
  • User1266497125 posted

Funny enough but for me cleaning obj folder also worked like a charm.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 2:42 PM
  • User571301025 posted

Hi,

Its a common problem occured many time for me too.

In order to avoid this try the follwing steps:

1) Rebuild the entire web site/solution using Rebuild option.

2) Kill the worker process, or Restart the IIS, Clean the Temporary ASP.Net Files (which can be found under the .net installed location)  and try.

3) Check that Correct App Pool/Worker process is attached. There may be a chance to attach the process with the wrong worker process.

4) Restart the VS and re-build

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 4:05 PM