none
how do you "jump" to a particular command within a data brick notrebook?

Question

• Maybe I've been spoiled by visual studio, but I find navigating around a notebook to be a pain. It seem all one can do is either use a "find" or scroll around a notebook. Is there a way to "jump" to a particular command in the notebook, or set some sort of bookmark one can jump to?

Developer Frog Haven Enterprises

Friday, January 18, 2019 6:29 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If you are using Jupyter notebooks,

There is an ipython nbextension that constructs a table of contents for a notebook. It seems to only provide navigation between cells.

Also, this blog might be useful to you :

https://www.dataquest.io/blog/jupyter-notebook-tips-tricks-shortcuts/

Hope this helps.

MSDN

Monday, January 21, 2019 12:11 PM
  • I found your answers interesting even if they are from "Jupiter" notebooks, not quite on the mark. I'm suspicious only in it seems Azure Notebooks don't show full compatibility with Jupiter notebooks.

I wish I had the time and background to develop something that would allow VS to be used to easily develop AZURE data brick application.

Thank you for your suggestion though.

Developer Frog Haven Enterprises

Monday, January 21, 2019 4:37 PM
  • Hi,

You can use (import) Jupyter notebooks in Azure notebooks. For more information on that, please refer this doc :

https://notebooks.azure.com/help/jupyter-notebooks

Apart from this, unfortunately I don't think there's a way to jump to a particular command in an Azure notebook.

However, I would recommend you to provide a feedback on the feedback forums. This feedback is closely monitored by the Product Teams and implemented in future releases.

Also, regarding service general availability and feature updates, I would suggest you to keep an eye on Azure Updates. Azure updates provide information about important Azure product updates, roadmap, and announcements. 

Hope this helps.

MSDN

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 9:24 AM