none
Azure Cosmos DB - Data Migration Tool - Copy Data from Cosmos to Cosmos NO SQL - Modify the record values for few fields before sending to Target RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team ,

Hi Team ,
    Scenario - Cosmos to Comos data copy  using CosmosDB Data Migration Tool .

We have a scenario of transforming few fields before sending to target cosmos and can you guide us where to change the code .In My case I stored the tool as specified in "C:\xyz\Source" and the path drived me to here \azure-documentdb-datamigrationtool-master\DocumentDb\Microsoft.DataTransfer.DocumentDb\Transformation ? Is there any document or sample provided for this kind of scenario's to setup a filter on source fields and then do a mapping change for those fields on the target side  Thank You.

Regards,

Sriram

Thursday, April 25, 2019 7:07 PM

All replies

• Hi Sriram,

Thanks for your feedback. Could you please confirm, what do you mean by Copy Data from Cosmos to Cosmos NO SQL, are you trying to copy from Cosmos (SQL API) to Cosmos No SQL(any other API). Also could you please share the link of document you are referring to. 

Friday, April 26, 2019 7:48 AM
  • Hi Angoyal,

My scenario is to copy data from Cosmos (SQL API) to another Cosmos (SQL API)  . Its ideally a data refresh from higher environment to lower level .

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cosmos-db/import-data

Regards,

Kishore.S

Monday, April 29, 2019 10:17 PM
  • Hi Sriram,

Thanks for the insight. Could you please follow Copy data to or from Azure Cosmos DB (SQL API) by using Azure Data Factory.

This seems to be the scenario you are looking for.

Tuesday, April 30, 2019 9:36 AM
  • Hi Angoyal, Thanks for your response . My scenario is cosmos to cosmos copy only but I need the edit the mapping from source to sink . Can you suggest if there is way to add a hardcoded value to field in sink and modify another field to replace some part of value coming from source to target like ( example : PRD-abcdef -  > TST-abcdedf) .

Regards,Sriram

Wednesday, May 1, 2019 3:04 AM
  • Hi Sriram,

In Copy data activity in Azure data factory u can Import the Schema and modify the schema you want.

Hope it helps.

Monday, May 6, 2019 8:43 AM