none
Certification in Expression Blend, Design & WEB RRS feed

• Question

• As a UX/UI Designer I have worked on Expression Studio from last 3 year now i want to do the certification in all this three application.

but i didnt fit the examination related to this application..... is microsoft started certification in these application yet or not ?

one more thing what are the other designer level certification are available with microsoft.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 9:44 AM

All replies

• There aren't any currently. I don't think there will be from Microsoft either. MS focuses on certifications that show technical proficiency primarily and Expression gets into too much of the gray area of UI design. So far, no sign of any tests related to these tools from Microsoft. I'm not sure though if there are third-party certifications that make use of these tools as part of their web design proficiency certifications though.
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 1:49 PM
  • As a UX/UI Designer I have worked on Expression Studio from last 3 year now i want to do the certification in all this three application.

I'm not one for getting certified; however, in my HTML/XHTML learning adventure, I've used w3schools extensively for research, and have noted that they have all kinds of certs. I don't know what they contain, since I have nowhere near the experience necessary to even think about getting certified.

Granted, these certs are more for coding, rather than the whole of Expression Studio, but you may find them useful.

Go to: <www.w3schools.com> if you're interested.

Nancy Ward
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 4:39 PM
  • There is a new MCTS certification on Silverlight 4: 

MCTS: Developing Rich Internet Applications using Microsoft Silverlight 4

Exam 70-506

Tuesday, March 8, 2011 9:03 AM
  • I doubt there is, or should be, a certication in EW itself.  It's just the tool, and understanding the technology is what matters.  No one cares if you use EW, Dreamweaver, NotePad, etc..  It's the result that matters, and you could get the same result (with different levels of ease) in all of them.  And, on the other side, you could be expert in EW, and create poor websites.
    Tuesday, March 8, 2011 9:35 AM