none
DesktopAppConverted app submission problem: We don’t allow the capability you’ve specified: runFullTrust.

Question

• Hi,

I have finally gotten the DesktopAppConverter to convert one of my desktop apps successfully. So far so good!

Happily, I went on to try submit it to the Windows Store, just to receive these error:

"Package acceptance validation error: We don’t allow the capability you’ve specified: runFullTrust."

The converter sets this, and has no indications that I can find of what I should change to avoid this requirement. Why does the store not accept it?

"Package acceptance validation error: You don't have permissions to specify the following namespaces in the appx manifest file of the package someapp.appx: http://schemas.microsoft.com/appx/manifest/foundation/windows10/restrictedcapabilities"

eh? Your converter did this.

Best regards,
    Brian

Sunday, August 14, 2016 1:37 PM

All replies

• Hello Brian,

If you are still experiencing this issue, please create a request with us here through your developer account so we may best assist. Thank you!

Tuesday, August 16, 2016 5:28 PM
  • Same problem here!

Creating a request doesn't solve this issue.

Sunday, August 28, 2016 5:06 PM
  •                                     

I have the same f...g problem. All week I am trying to submit my Desktop app to Windows Store and finally, when converted successfully these two submit errors f..k me up.

1)Package acceptance validation error: We don’t allow the capability you’ve specified: runFullTrust.
    2)Package acceptance validation error: You don't have permissions to specify the following namespaces in the appx manifest file of the package Celestial Creator [x32].appx

P.S. I didn't see nowhere MORE COMPLICATE process to submit the files!!!

All managers must be fired immediately from MS without ANY f..g bonus

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 3:36 PM
  • The is my conclusion of 2 weeks hard work trying to submit my own x32 and x64 windows UE4 game to Windows Store:

1.Desktop App Converter [Project Centennial] - Failed

2.Desktop Bridge Sign Up Form - Failed

3.UWP in UE4Editor - coded by Microsoft - Succeed:
    "MICROSOFT-XBOX-ATG/MICROSOFT_UWP_UNREAL"
    GitHub DOT com/MICROSOFT-XBOX-ATG/MICROSOFT_UWP_UNREAL
    Unreal Engine 4 is available for Win10 UWP app dev now
    forums DOT unrealengine DOT com/showthread.php?118375-Unreal-Engine-4-is-available-for-Win10-UWP-app-dev-now

Using the third way I managed successfully to convert to UWP64,UWP32 and submit with correct validation in Windows Store

Thursday, September 8, 2016 1:13 PM