Integrating Exchange Server to asp.net RRS feed

• Question

• User-811064352 posted

Hi all,

I have a situation in my project that need integratation of exchange server with my web application.

1)  First situation is I need to read all the incoming mails and save the content of the e-mail, sender and reciever details into a database.

2) Second is i need to check one condition and based on that some outgoing mails has to be sent for supervisors approval. if Supervisor appoves that mail that mail should be sent out to the concerned mail id with from address as agents mail id not with supervisors mail id. If the supervisors rejects it then the mail should return back to be agent with subject as "Rejected By supervisor"

Can anyone suggest me any solution for this.

Thanks in advance

Satish Reddy

Friday, January 16, 2009 4:59 AM

Answers

• User-1936035690 posted
    Hi,
    A couple of comments.

1)first, I don't see anything related to the web. Where does "web application" fit in?
    2)It depends upon what you mean by "content of the email".

Since I write email software for a living, this is what I would do:
    Be sure either the POP3 or IMAP service is enabled on exchange.

Use a POP3 or IMAP component to connect to exchange, and download the entire email message.

Use a Mime parsing component to extract the data you need.

Once you have the data you need, execute your own custom programming rules. (sending based upon agents,or supervisors, or whatever). This sounds like standard programming "if" statements.

Obviously, I'm partial to aspNetPOP3 or aspNetIMAP for downloading the email, and then using aspNetMime to do the parsing and data extraction.

However, if you can't purchase libraries (some companies just don't like to purchase 3rd party software), you can always roll your own, or there are some open source components out there that may or may not work. (I don't support them, so I really can't testify to their stability.) You may need to google for them.

Cheers!
    Dave
    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, January 16, 2009 3:46 PM