installing sql server 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a couple of questions. The last time I installed sql I got hit by a injection attack so I need some help...I need to be smarter so I need your help....

1. I will be installing sql 2008 r2 on Monday  and the last time I  installed I noticed sql was always up and running. Is their a way to install sql 2008 r2 so it is only running when I want it to run.......

2. Is their any way I can protect sql when I install it? In other words can I temporarily disable it...or any their any other ways to protect it ?? besides doing the usual roles schemas etc.....

3 Can I install sql 2008 standard  r2 instead of sql server 2008 express with advanced services? Is their any benefit of installing sql  2008 r2 standard  instead of sql 2008 r2 with advanced services.....

4 I bought the book sql server 2008 express for developers robin dewson which goes deeeper into sql management tools.....Do  you have any other suggestions on tutorials or books that goes any  deeper into the use of  sql management tools....Does microsoft have any videos tutorials on the use of sql management tools?? I really want to use entity framework wcf ria services silverlight wpf entity framework  however I need to have a greater understanding of  sql management tools first.....      

I will be just installing  windows authorization.....

and configure sql authorization later.... I really just want to protect my computer

and prepare things better and be smarter....Thank you for all your help and suggestions you can give me and thank you for caring....           

Friday, April 30, 2010 6:05 PM

Answers