FindAllAsync throws an exception in Czech.

Question

• Hi,

I'm seeing a strange behavior where the following call will only fail in Czech and works in English and other languages like Russian, Polish, Spanish, Korean Chinese etc.

var devices = await DeviceInformation.FindAllAsync(deviceSelector, new[] { prop });
    where the parameters have the following values

private const string deviceSelector = "System.Devices.InterfaceClassGuid:={0ECEF634-6EF0-472A-8085-5AD023ECBCCD}";
    private const string prop = "System.Devices.ContainerId";

It throws a System.ArgumentException - "Value does not fall within the expected range", HRESULT - -2147024809 and null InnerException.

If I don't pass any parameters the call will succeed but it doesn't give me the information I need. Please let me know if I'm missing something.

Thanks,

Sandeep

Monday, October 21, 2013 8:51 PM

Answers

• Hi Sandeep,

You reported the bug appropriately in this thread. It will be investigated for a fix in the next version.

If you have a Premier contract please bring this issue up with your TAM.

--Rob

Friday, November 01, 2013 9:58 PM
    Owner

All replies

• What exactly do you mean that it doesn't work in Czech? Are you testing on the same machine but changing the locale? Or are you using separate machines? If you look in the device manager do you see your device? --Rob
    Tuesday, October 22, 2013 1:23 AM
    Owner
  • Rob,

Yes, I changed the locale on the same machine from English to Czech and I do see all the devices in the Devices and Printers (Control Panel)

-Sandeep

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 1:27 PM
  • Hi Sandeep,

I can reproduce that. I'll have to look into this farther to try to figure out what is going on. I'll let you know when I have more information.

--Rob

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 1:05 AM
    Owner
  • Hi Rob,

We are getting ready to submit the app for store certification soon and need to attach locale specific screen shots, please advise.

Thanks,
    Sandeep

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 2:33 PM
  • Hi Sandeep,

This appears to be a bug. I don't have a good workaround for you beyond handling the error.

--Rob

Monday, October 28, 2013 11:48 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Sandeep,

What is the process to log this bug and get it addressed as soon as possible. Otherwise our app will not work in Czech.

Thanks,

-Sandeep

Thursday, October 31, 2013 2:59 PM
  • Hi Sandeep,

You reported the bug appropriately in this thread. It will be investigated for a fix in the next version.

If you have a Premier contract please bring this issue up with your TAM.

--Rob

Friday, November 01, 2013 9:58 PM
    Owner