none
Mapping DB2 RRS feed

• Question

• I am currently using the DB2 Adapter with BizTalk 2009.  I have the connection to the DB2/AS400 system working and it is returning the correct results, but I can't seem to get the mapping to work regardless of what I have tried.  I generated the schema using the add generated items for the DB2 adapter, and have an Orchestration to transform the incoming message to the outgoing using the previously mentioned map.  I was curious if anyone has suggestions for what I should do.  The DB2 results just get spit into my output folder (for testing the mapping right now) instead of going through the mapping. 
    • Edited by Chris6171987 Wednesday, June 9, 2010 7:46 PM typo
    Wednesday, June 9, 2010 7:45 PM

Answers

• I have gotten this solved.  I found a similar problem in another post elsewhere, and I added their suggestion of adding elementFormDefault =" qualified " to the schema.  I also then made sure that the destination schema was also unbounded for the maxOccurs , and it is now working.

Thanks again for all your replies.

• Marked as answer by Chris6171987 Thursday, June 10, 2010 8:15 PM
    Thursday, June 10, 2010 8:14 PM

All replies

• At first glance it does not appear to be related to DB2. Are you using a FILE send port for the outgoing of your orchestration? You should replace it with a port that actually sends it to DB2.

Is this what you are asking?

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Wednesday, June 9, 2010 8:13 PM
  • No, I'm not trying to send from the orchestration output to DB2, I want it sent to the folder, so yes you are correct I am using a FILE send port, but that's what I wanted it to do.  The DB2 Adapter is where I'm pulling the data from for the Receive port going into the orchestration. But the same file that I get from the DB2 Adapter gets dropped into the folder, almost like the orchestration (and mapping) is getting completely skipped.

Sorry I was unclear the first time, thanks for the response.

EDIT:  The reasoning behind why it's dumping the results from the DB2 Query straight into the folder is because the FILE send port has/had a filter on it where ReceivePortName == the receive port.  Removing this causes errors in the event viewer saying "The published message could not be routed because no subscribers were found. "  So I guess now it becomes an issue of why the results aren't being recognized with the schema that was generated from the DB2 Adapter...

• Edited by Chris6171987 Wednesday, June 9, 2010 8:48 PM Additional info
    Wednesday, June 9, 2010 8:33 PM
  • Are you using the XmlReceive as the pipeline for the receive that goes into your orchestration?

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Thursday, June 10, 2010 3:18 AM
  • Yes, current set up is:

Receive Port One-Way, Receive Port Location Type: DB2, Pipeline: XMLReceive

Send Port:

Type: FILE, Pipeline: XMLTransmit (The file in configuration is [%datetime.tz%].xml)

Thursday, June 10, 2010 1:25 PM
  • It should be picked up by the orchestration. Maybe your orchestration is bound to the wrong port in deployment?

Thanks,

Thursday, June 10, 2010 5:23 PM
  • Well, I believe it to be correctly bound, as there are only 2 ports, a receive and a send currently. 

I think the issue has to do with the schema not being happy... Error message as follows when using the output file from the DB2 adapter as the input file for validation...

BEC2004: The element 'Root' in namespace 'http://Connect' has invalid child element 'CMF' in namespace 'http://Connect'. List of possible elements expected: 'CMF'.

I might just not be very good with this yet, but that error looks strange to me, in that it's telling me that it's a possible element it expects is the one that's causing it to throw the error in the first place? 

I appreciate your help on this.

Thursday, June 10, 2010 7:33 PM
  • I have gotten this solved.  I found a similar problem in another post elsewhere, and I added their suggestion of adding elementFormDefault =" qualified " to the schema.  I also then made sure that the destination schema was also unbounded for the maxOccurs , and it is now working.

Thanks again for all your replies.

• Marked as answer by Chris6171987 Thursday, June 10, 2010 8:15 PM
    Thursday, June 10, 2010 8:14 PM