Is it possible to find MSRS 1.5? RRS feed

• Question

• I've used MSRS 1.5 before and it has been fun to work with. Now I have a new computer and of course I installed MSRS2008. But I recently found out that the Nao robot from Alderbaran only works with 1.5 and I would really need to get the package working as soon as possible. Apparently they are preparing the software for MSRS 2008 to be available sometime, but I need to use it right now. Is it possible to find MSRS 1.5 anywhere? I read the announcement that it is not available at MS anymore :(

Thursday, June 18, 2009 11:22 AM

Answers

• Soccer was for 1.5 so it disappeared too. I'll see if we can release an updated version. I just don't know how much work is necessary to get it up to the latest version.

Trevor
    Saturday, June 20, 2009 2:19 AM

All replies

• As you already know, RDS 1.5 is no longer available on the Microsoft Downloads Center.

Aldebaran is working on support for RDS 2008, but I do not have an ETA. I'm trying to find out.

Trevor
    Thursday, June 18, 2009 9:43 PM
  • Hi Simon,

We are working on it, but don't have an ETA yet. We have added API support for the real Nao, and need to complete an update of the Simulated Nao to reflect this.

In the mean time, if you have a Nao, full .net support for Nao's API is included in the SDK.

Best regard,

Chris
    Friday, June 19, 2009 6:57 AM
  • Thanks for the replies!

Trevor: Too bad. So it is not possible to get 1.5? Isn't there anyone that has the offline-version on the computer?

Chris: That sounds good but at the moment I'm afraid that isn't enough. I will try to find another solution in the mean time.

EDIT: I just found out that the soccer package isn't online anymore either (at least I can't find it). Is it possible to solve this in someway?

//Simon
    • Edited by AnotherSimon Friday, June 19, 2009 4:05 PM New info
    Friday, June 19, 2009 3:44 PM
  • Soccer was for 1.5 so it disappeared too. I'll see if we can release an updated version. I just don't know how much work is necessary to get it up to the latest version.

Trevor
    Saturday, June 20, 2009 2:19 AM