none
Frame work 3.5 not updated in VS 2005 help dialog RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi ,

Am using VS2005 running on Vista . I installed framework 3.5 .It is shown in the control panel.

When i go back to VS 2005 and open up the startpage-help-about microsoft visual studio ,it reads as if frame work 2.0 still live and framework 3.5 has not been updated with vs studio 2005 .After spending a lot time , i noted that because of this ,i could nt run  wcf apps

The help dialog box info is as given below .

Microsoft .net framework 3.5

version 2.0.50727 SP1

Please help me friends , why the framework 3.5 is not shown in my vs help box .and what is the look around for this .

Thanks

Raghu

Friday, May 2, 2008 6:22 AM

Answers

• Hi Raghuraman

The reason you see this behaviour is that VS 2005 ships with .NET Framework 2.0. When you install .NET Framework 3.5 on your machine, it is like a seperate program and not bundled with VS 2005. If you install VS 2008, you will see .NET Fx 3.5 as the default bits.

To be able to use 3.5 bits with VS 2005 you simply need to click on "Reference Assemblies" and then add the necessary dlls that you need to build your wcf apps. You should not face any problems doing this.

HTH

Friday, May 2, 2008 3:00 PM

All replies

• Hi Raghuraman

The reason you see this behaviour is that VS 2005 ships with .NET Framework 2.0. When you install .NET Framework 3.5 on your machine, it is like a seperate program and not bundled with VS 2005. If you install VS 2008, you will see .NET Fx 3.5 as the default bits.

To be able to use 3.5 bits with VS 2005 you simply need to click on "Reference Assemblies" and then add the necessary dlls that you need to build your wcf apps. You should not face any problems doing this.

HTH

Friday, May 2, 2008 3:00 PM
  •  

Hi Saurabh ,

Thanks for the information .

Thanks

Raghu

Friday, May 2, 2008 3:33 PM