Static Column in a Matrix Report RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I have a matrigx report that groups by months in the columns. The reason for using a matrix style report is due to not knowing which months are going to exist in the database for the current year.
    I do however need to have a static column appended to the matrix, using the same row groupings... I did think of placing a table next to the matrix with that column although im worried the row groupings and alignment may be off of each record.

Is it possible to have a static column inside a matrix that is not grouped by any of the columns just the rows.

What would be the best way to achieve this requirement. I also need to provide the options to hide the months columns and display only the static one and vice-versa...

Any help would be appreciated..

Regards,
    Neil
    Saturday, April 28, 2007 9:35 PM

All replies

• Not sure based on your description - but adding a subtotal (right-click on the column group and select "add subtotal") may achieve the desired effect. 

The subtotal aggregates all column groups. By default, subtotal cells use the same calculation expression as the dynamic group.  If you need a different calculation in the subtotal, search this forum for thread related to the "InScope" function and its usage in matrix cells.

-- Robert

Sunday, April 29, 2007 11:39 PM
  • Hi Robert,

Thanks so much for the response.

Sorry for the vague description. This is how the report should work... I need to display Sales for year, and grouped by months....

i.e Jan Feb March
          1     1     2

These are based on a row group (State , City) so sales are grouped into the state they occured and the City...

The company however has created a prediction of what they thought the sales would be ( so it is a field from the db.. I need that to be appended onot the Matrix basically as it is NOT grouped by months... but must obey the row groupings (State, City)

I hope this makes a bit more sense...

any suggestions ?

Neil.
    Monday, April 30, 2007 5:11 AM
  • Hello Neil,

Did you get an answer for the question on your report, we are trying to do something similar, please let me know if you were able to do the above successfully.

Thanks in advance,

radyschool

Monday, January 26, 2009 5:46 PM
  • I have the same situation in my report. do you get the solution for your question
    Falgun Patel Software Developer @ ACTCO Systems Inc., Toronto, ON
    • Proposed as answer by FalgunPatel Wednesday, December 14, 2011 4:49 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by FalgunPatel Wednesday, December 14, 2011 4:49 PM
    Wednesday, December 14, 2011 4:48 PM