none
Adding another option in a dropdown menu RRS feed

• Question

• I am working on editing an already created web part on a sharepoint 2013 page. There is a drop down menu with three options that I would like to make it have four options. When I click on "edit web part" and the menu on the right hand side comes up, I do not see any place where I can edit the list.
    Wednesday, January 23, 2019 1:51 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

The options might be coming from the same list (Choice field ) or from any other master list .

Check the datasource for to make changes .

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 5:05 PM
  • Hi,

Does this a list/library web part? If yes, you can go to the list/library settings, edit this drop down column to add an option.

After adding new option in list/library settings, go back to the page, refresh it and this time you have 4 option in the drop down column.

Best regards,

Allen Bai

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, January 24, 2019 2:18 AM
  • Hi,

How are things going?

If you think my suggestion is helpful, you could mark it as an answer.

Best regards,

Allen Bai

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 1:07 AM