can't deploy my web API RRS feed

• Question

• User1642115476 posted

Hello,

I created a web API in Visual Studio and now I want to deploy it to our remote server. I'm trying to setup a publish profile but it's not able to connect. Here is a screen shot of the settings I'm using and the error I'm getting:

publish profile and error

The error box that you see comes after I click Validate Connection and then Failed (click for details).

It says to make sure Web Deploy is installed and that Web Management Service is running, and they both are. I followed the link but it more or less tells me the same thing.

I also opened port 8172 (now disabled) as that apparently is the port for deploying web apps like my API. I tried tacking on :8172 to the end of the computer name but that had no effect.

Knowing the destination URL might help but I assume (since we don’t have a domain for the API) it would be the same as the remote connection string (ec2-54-159-229-158.compute-1.amazonaws.com), and it seems to be an optional field so I left it blank.

Does anything stand out as odd? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Wednesday, October 5, 2016 7:30 PM

Answers

• User1642115476 posted

I fixed the problem.

Because the API site is under Default Web Site, the site name had to be "Default Web Site/RiskAliveAPI".

Thanks for the feedback.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, October 6, 2016 4:20 PM

All replies