none
Additional Column Lookup Not Listing RRS feed

• Question

• I have a list called "Equipment" (see the bottom list on the attached picture) that has a bunch of Items and Item Code Numbers.  

I have another list called "Item Distribution" (see the top list on the attached picture) with a lookup column that lets you choose from any of the "Equipment" list.  I selected "Add a column to show these additional fields" and selected Item Code Number, but when I'm viewing the "Item Distribution" list, there is no Item Code Number that is listed.  You can see from the picture that it will pull the ID, and Time Created from the "Equipment" list, but will not pull a custom field I have entered.  

I read somewhere that additional lookup columns cannot pull "Number" fields, so I tried changing the column to a text field, but still no luck.  

I also tried making the Item Code Number the main lookup field and changing the Name of Item to the additional lookup field, but again the Item Code Number will show up just fine, but there will be no entry under Name of Item.

Is there something I'm missing, or can additional columns not pull from custom fields?  Any help would be appreciated!

Friday, January 18, 2013 2:21 PM

Answers

• I have found the solution:

I was using the Sharepoint Designer to add an additional lookup column, but the result kept showing up as blank.  When I went into the List Settings on the actual site itself and went under the Columns section, I choose the lookup column and had to add the additional column under these settings as well. 

Monday, January 21, 2013 4:13 PM

All replies