none
MSSQL 2012 unable to attach a database

Question

• HI all, 

It is my first post on this website and please excuse me if I'm not posting this in the correct place. 

Question - After detaching a database, I'm unable to attach it back. I got the following error. Sorry I'm new, not able to do screen shot yet. 

*** Attach database faild for Server "xxx" 

Cannot use file 'S:\.....\.xxxx.mdf' for clustered server. Only formatted files on which the cluster resource of the server has a dependency can be used. Either the disk resource containing the file is not present in the cluster group or the cluster resource of the sql server does not have a dependency on it (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 5184)

I googled around and found many talking about adding all disks to the "Cluster Core Resources" however, I don't see it in the properties that the disks are available to be select/add. Te only option for me to add is the "Quorum" My other clusters also don't have the disks added. So I guess it might not be my case. I'm running out of idea.... any help would be appreciated. Thank you  

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 1:07 PM

All replies