none
axAcroPDF in commercial-use RRS feed

• Question

• Hi..

I develope an C#.NET Win Application that uses activX-control 'axAcroPDF' ,in order to display PDF Files (just loading and diplaying, no creation). I tried to find sth about the licencing of this component because my application will be commercial. I found just that:

●Use of the ActiveX® control or Netscape plug-in to display a PDF file in an external application besides Internet Explorer or Netscape. The methods used by Acrobat to display a PDF file in Netscape and Internet Explorer are intended only for use with these browsers. Use of the ActiveX Control and Netscape plug-in installed by Adobe Reader is not licensed to other applications. Development with these interfaces is not supported and no documentation is available.

What does this reall mean? Can I not use it in a Win .NET application? Do you have any idea or experience?

Thanks..

Friday, August 31, 2007 6:48 AM

Answers

• >> What does this really mean

The fact that they are telling you that they don't support it and won't document it is not the same thing as licensing information.  It's a statement that they are not responsible for any issues you may have in trying to do what you want to do <s>.  They've only tested it and only support it in those two browser contexts.  OK?  It doesn't mean it doesn't work in other contexts.

Licensing and whether there are any restrictions on commercial use need to be investigated as well, of course, it's just not the same thing...

>L<

• Marked as answer by M. AT Thursday, October 29, 2009 4:53 PM
    Monday, September 3, 2007 6:40 PM