Opening Datasource RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Friends,

I was wondering when you use the report viewer control in a visual studio web application to render reports locally, you will add the control to a web form and then you will see the Report Data window and in there you will create a Data source and datasets. My question is, after you have created a data Source, is there a way to go back and view it or edit it? Thank You !!!

Tuesday, August 6, 2019 2:28 PM

Answers

• Hi Ronald Rex

Based on my test ,seems in report data part you could not modified the datasource .

While you could add the new datasource ,add the new dataset and modified the new dataset in the report part.

If you  want to modified the datasource  , seems you need to change the connect string in the web.config file of the project .

See:

Seems it also more related to the visual studio aspect , you could try to get more detailed information at visual studio forum.

Hope it can help you.

Best Regards,

Eric Liu

Best Regards, Eric Liu MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer if the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

• Proposed as answer by Mitarai Queen Thursday, August 8, 2019 5:46 AM
    • Marked as answer by Ronald Rex Friday, August 9, 2019 2:39 PM
    Wednesday, August 7, 2019 2:18 AM