Using with DLL files RRS feed

• Question

• User-1323502804 posted
    I have attempted to use the Config Application Block with a DLL assembly and cannot seem to get it to work due to its use of the AppDomain. For example, I have a multitiered application where an ASPX page calls Assembly A which calls Assembly B. I need to have a Configuration File for Assembly B. However, it appears that since Assembly B runs in the Application Domain of the ASPX page, the CMAB looks for the Web.config file. My problem is that I want the data to be secure and away from prying eyes. Putting a reference to the file in the Web.config could give enough information away to be insecure. Is there a way to tell the CMAB which file to use, instead of defaulting to the AppDomain? If you recommend changing the AppDomain, could you post an example? I tried this and it didn't work. Not only that, what are the ramifications of changing the AppDomain? Especially if I wish to host Assembly B in COM+. Thanks!
    Wednesday, September 3, 2003 12:39 PM

All replies

• User1401636307 posted
    I am writing a component class (dll). If I could find an entry in the web.config to find the location of the config of the component; why would I need any of this at all?
    Tuesday, October 21, 2003 6:35 PM