none
Visual Express for my workplace?? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I am currently building the a small web application for team using VS express. The application allows me to monitor training that have been given to agents as well as training that have to receive.

Is it really possible for to use it VS express to do it? or I need a proper  an enterprise version with a licensed database? at the moment, I am just VS Express local database.

Is this illegal to use these MS tools for such things, although I am not making money at all?

Thank you 

Monday, September 5, 2016 8:11 AM

All replies

• Hi Yann14,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

As far as I know, you can use the VS express edition in your condition. Please have a look at the part ‘Commercial use of Express products’ in this page: https://www.visualstudio.com/en-US/products/visual-studio-express-vs

**Visual Studio Express products are available at no charge and may be used for commercial, production usage subject to the license terms provided with each product. For example, you can use Express for Windows to create apps that you can then submit for sale in the Windows Store.

If you used the VS 2015 express versions, you can also take a look at the VS express 2015 EULA description: https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/mt171551.aspx

Best regards,

Sara

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, September 6, 2016 2:15 AM
  • Thanks again...
    Tuesday, October 18, 2016 9:51 AM
  • Hi Yann14,

Thank you for your update.

BTW, if you think my reply is helpful, please mark it as answer and it will help other community members who have the same or similar issue to easier search them, thank you for your understanding.

If you have any other issue about the VS installation, please free feel to let me know.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 9:56 AM