The remote name could not be resolved RRS feed

• Question

• hello,

using vs2013 and the F5 debugging process, my website application runs fine when i have an active internet connection to my laptop.

when i am in a location without an internet connection, i choose F5 and receive this error:

---------------------------------------------

Server Error in '/' Application.

The remote name could not be resolved: 'www.domain.com'

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'www.domain.com'

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. 

Stack Trace:

[WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'www.domain.com']...

--------------------------------------

i see that vs2013 wants to resolve the web address for an rss feed and that makes sense, however, i would like to debug other parts of the web site that do not need an active internet connection.

how do i tell vs2013 to ignore the internet web addresses in the web application and continue debugging the rest of the web site?

i tried unchecking the box in vs2013>Debug>Exceptions>Common Language Runtime Exceptions>System.Net>System.Net.WebException, but i still received the same error message.

thanks!

Friday, July 25, 2014 1:10 AM

Answers

• hello,

using vs2013 and the F5 debugging process, my website application runs fine when i have an active internet connection to my laptop.

when i am in a location without an internet connection, i choose F5 and receive this error:

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'www.domain.com'

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. 

Stack Trace:

i see that vs2013 wants to resolve the web address for an rss feed and that makes sense, however, i would like to debug other parts of the web site that do not need an active internet connection.

how do i tell vs2013 to ignore the internet web addresses in the web application and continue debugging the rest of the web site?

i tried unchecking the box in vs2013>Debug>Exceptions>Common Language Runtime Exceptions>System.Net>System.Net.WebException, but i still received the same error message.

thanks!

Hi,

I am afraid that as far as I know the Visual Studio doesn't support this feature, to get that work while debugging without connecting with internet, I would recommend you consider looking for the way to change that project to skip or even disable any settings related to that exception.

And for web development issues, you could post them in https://forums.asp.net forum to get supports.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Carl Cai Wednesday, July 30, 2014 3:24 AM
    Friday, July 25, 2014 7:17 AM

All replies

• hello,

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

thanks!

Hi,

I am afraid that as far as I know the Visual Studio doesn't support this feature, to get that work while debugging without connecting with internet, I would recommend you consider looking for the way to change that project to skip or even disable any settings related to that exception.

And for web development issues, you could post them in https://forums.asp.net forum to get supports.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Carl Cai Wednesday, July 30, 2014 3:24 AM
    Friday, July 25, 2014 7:17 AM
  • ok, i will try asp.net.  thank you.
    Friday, July 25, 2014 5:55 PM
  • Hi I'm getting the Below error. While connecting to https://outlook.office365.com in ASP.NET.

If i run the Fiddler it will work without any issue and also i have tried with consoled application  which  will connect https://outlook.office365.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx which is working fine.

Please help me

[WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'outlook.office365.com']
       System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetRequestStream(IAsyncResult asyncResult, TransportContext& context) +316
       System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetRequestStream(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +14
       Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.EwsHttpWebRequest.Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.IEwsHttpWebRequest.EndGetRequestStream(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +13
       Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ServiceRequestBase.EmitRequest(IEwsHttpWebRequest request) +62
       Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ServiceRequestBase.BuildEwsHttpWebRequest() +154

[ServiceRequestException: The request failed. The remote name could not be resolved: 'outlook.office365.com']
       Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ServiceRequestBase.BuildEwsHttpWebRequest() +302
       Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ServiceRequestBase.ValidateAndEmitRequest(IEwsHttpWebRequest& request) +50
       Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.MultiResponseServiceRequest`1.Execute() +36
       Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ExchangeService.InternalFindFolders(IEnumerable`1 parentFolderIds, SearchFilter searchFilter, FolderView view, ServiceErrorHandling errorHandlingMode) +158
       Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ExchangeService.FindFolders(FolderId parentFolderId, SearchFilter searchFilter, FolderView view) +95
       Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ExchangeService.FindFolders(WellKnownFolderName parentFolderName, SearchFilter searchFilter, FolderView view) +54
       _Default.GetFolder(ExchangeService service, SearchFilter filter, WellKnownFolderName folder) in c:\Users\nkir\OneDrive - Telstra\ARR\O365\POC\Office_365_Web\Default.aspx.cs:168
       _Default.DeleteFolder(ExchangeService service, WellKnownFolderName parentFolder, String folderName) in c:\Users\nkir\OneDrive - Telstra\ARR\O365\POC\Office_365_Web\Default.aspx.cs:179
       _Default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Users\nkir\OneDrive - Telstra\ARR\O365\POC\Office_365_Web\Default.aspx.cs:30
       System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +51
       System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +95
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +59
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +780

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 7:26 AM