How do I install Dell XT Multitouch driver?

Question

• The N-trig drivers don't install on Windows 8, even when running in compatibility mode as administrator.

It makes it kind of difficult to test multitouch support.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:06 AM

Answers

All replies

• I'm looking for this too. I've got the Dell XT2 and system properties reports 6 available touch points without installing any special driver. But I'm pretty sure the hardware only supports 4 touch points and I can only use 1.
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 11:54 PM
  • I have the latitude xt2, and I am looking for this too. I have touch working, and multitouch works in apps, but I cannot click on anything. The computer recognizes my fingers when I touch the screen, but if I want to select something on the screen, it does not allow me to. I can scroll and zoom, but selecting is impossible.
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 2:17 PM
  • http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsdeveloperpreviewgeneral/thread/6bda216d-5b33-4867-89b5-efb7ef3d2978 After searching a little, I found this. You need to extract the files from the exe, which if you don't know how to, google it. After extracting the files, install the drivers individually, and you are set. Everything works great now! Good Luck!
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 2:34 PM