does not install SQL Query Analyzer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am developing and application in pocket pc windows mobile 2003. I have added a reference to System.Data.SqlServerCe.dll but when i deploy the application query analyzer doesnt seem to install. Any help please?

cheers,

michael

Friday, March 24, 2006 9:27 AM

Answers

• Query Analyzer 3.0 should deploy automatically if you are building and deploying a DEBUG build in VS2005 given your reference to System.Data.SqlServerCe.dll version 2.0.  You can also just grab the dev tools CAB and install it to your device/emulator to save time.  it is located (depending on your device's WinCE kernel) at:

<drive:>\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SmartDevices\SDK\SQL Server\Mobile\v3.0\wce400\armv4\sqlce30.dev.ENU.ppc.wce4.armv4.CAB

or

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SmartDevices\SDK\SQL Server\Mobile\v3.0\wce500\<device CPU architecture>\

Darren

Saturday, March 25, 2006 4:13 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Sorry... for info I am using CS VS2005 and SQL Mobile.

Thank you.

michael

Friday, March 24, 2006 9:30 AM
  • Query Analyzer 3.0 should deploy automatically if you are building and deploying a DEBUG build in VS2005 given your reference to System.Data.SqlServerCe.dll version 2.0.  You can also just grab the dev tools CAB and install it to your device/emulator to save time.  it is located (depending on your device's WinCE kernel) at:

<drive:>\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SmartDevices\SDK\SQL Server\Mobile\v3.0\wce400\armv4\sqlce30.dev.ENU.ppc.wce4.armv4.CAB

or

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SmartDevices\SDK\SQL Server\Mobile\v3.0\wce500\<device CPU architecture>\

Darren

Saturday, March 25, 2006 4:13 PM
  • Also is it possbile that i don't install the cab for development toll and just install other two cab [sqlce30.ppc.wce5.armv4i.CAB sqlce30.repl.ppc.wce5.armv4i.CAB] for installing sql ce on the device for my application to work on the device.
    I don't wants to give the user an interface with my database file.If query analyzer is present on the device he can view some data whichI want's to hide.
    Is this possible.?
    Thursday, February 7, 2008 10:46 AM
  • Only the 2 cabs you mention are required fro SQL Compact to work, so yes.

Thursday, February 7, 2008 2:23 PM
  • Thanks ErikEJ

Friday, February 8, 2008 6:17 AM
  • i aldy install the .cab files in mydevice.the query analyzer installed aldy in mydevice.but the problem is i cant open it. the error sed "'isqlw20' is not valid for pocket pc application"

so i cant view mydb.but myapplication is running well..help me in this.any advice?thank you.

Monday, April 7, 2008 7:32 PM