Shortcuts? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

I am trying to re-store my original environment to what it used before. I have my old disk attached and I have SQL Server 2012 installed (Developer's edition).

In my old SQL Server 2008 R2 I typed "bkp" and it expanded into 3 lines backup script. I am wondering how can I get it again and where is this script stored.

Thanks in advance.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Friday, December 13, 2013 7:47 PM

Answers

• Hello Naomi,

that is feature of SSMSBoost, called "Autoreplacements"

www.ssmsboost.com

If you did not update it so long you will find a lot of new features there, that we have added in last year. See "changelog" link near download button.

SSMSBoost - ssms add-in adds quick source code navigation to SSMS, quick connection management & switching, shortcuts, auto replacements and object search. www.ssmsboost.com

• Marked as answer by Naomi N Monday, December 16, 2013 4:13 PM
    Saturday, December 14, 2013 2:53 PM
  • SSMSBoost keeps all settings in this file:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Solutions Crew\Ssms2012\SSMSBoostSettings.xml

Just copy it from old machine to new one to the same location and all scripts/settings will be restored.

SSMSBoost - ssms add-in adds quick source code navigation to SSMS, quick connection management & switching, shortcuts, auto replacements and object search. www.ssmsboost.com

Monday, December 16, 2013 10:35 AM

All replies

• Hi Naomi, I'm not sure I correctly understand the problem. But I hope this link may be helpful:

Where is database .bak file saved from SQL Server Management Studio?

sqldevelop.wordpress.com

Friday, December 13, 2013 8:14 PM
  • No, this is not my problem. My problem is to have that ability to type bkp and have it expanded the same way it was. I suspect it's a feature of SSMS Tools Pack, I haven't installed it yet.

My blog

My TechNet articles

Friday, December 13, 2013 8:37 PM
  • Do you mean this is a feature like IntelliSense?

sqldevelop.wordpress.com

Friday, December 13, 2013 8:45 PM
  • Not exactly, but close. You type some short word and instead you get a full long script. I only used "bkp" regularly.

My blog

My TechNet articles

Friday, December 13, 2013 9:03 PM
  • I guess you used an Add-on like ssmsboost code replacement or redgate code snippet or something like that.

sqldevelop.wordpress.com

Friday, December 13, 2013 9:29 PM
  • Not exactly, but close. You type some short word and instead you get a full long script. I only used "bkp" regularly.

My blog

My TechNet articles

Hi Naomi ,

Are you looking for this Intellisense - > Insert Snippet ...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/vstudio/ee362022%28v=vs.100%29.aspx

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/managingsql/archive/2011/01/04/t-sql-intellisense-enhancements-in-ssms-denali.aspx

sathya - www.allaboutmssql.com ** Mark as answered if my post solved your problem and Vote as helpful if my post was useful **.

• Proposed as answer by Rohana K Amarakoon Saturday, December 14, 2013 3:29 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Naomi N Sunday, December 15, 2013 2:36 AM
    Saturday, December 14, 2013 3:15 AM
  • Hello Naomi,

that is feature of SSMSBoost, called "Autoreplacements"

www.ssmsboost.com

If you did not update it so long you will find a lot of new features there, that we have added in last year. See "changelog" link near download button.

Saturday, December 14, 2013 2:53 PM
  • My question is - is there a way to get that script back somehow that was in bkp? Also, that bkp was in SQL 2008 R2 where I didn't install SSMSBoost. I only installed it for SQL Server 2012.

My blog

My TechNet articles

Sunday, December 15, 2013 1:25 AM
  • No, this is not my problem. My problem is to have that ability to type bkp and have it expanded the same way it was. I suspect it's a feature of SSMS Tools Pack, I haven't installed it yet.

Hello,

No. As per my understand, SSMS itself does not support this feature as you described. Just as AndreiRantsevich  post, the feature seems like the Autoreplacements feature in the free tool:SSMS Boost add-in. You can refer to the link to get more details about SSMSBoost:Add-in Overview

Regards,
    Fanny Liu

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.

Fanny Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 16, 2013 7:26 AM
  • SSMSBoost keeps all settings in this file:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Solutions Crew\Ssms2012\SSMSBoostSettings.xml

Just copy it from old machine to new one to the same location and all scripts/settings will be restored.

Monday, December 16, 2013 10:35 AM