The operation is not supported for your subscription offer type RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I'm receiving the error 'The operation is not supported for your subscription offer type' when trying to import a bacpac from the blob storage to a new SQL database. I initially signed up via the Free Trial - is this preventing me from using the bacpac import functionality? As far as I can tell I've setup a subscription and entered my payment details.

Thanks

Elliot

Friday, October 31, 2014 4:21 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience.

The error you saw should only occur for a subscription used with a free trial offer type but I think we have a problem where that status remains recorded against the subscription for a period after it is upgraded.

Please use the below link to open a support ticket.

http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/support/options/

Regards,

Mekh.

Saturday, November 1, 2014 3:54 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I am currently researching to gather more information with regards to your request.

I shall revert back to you with an update at the earliest.

Sincerely appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Shirisha Paderu

Friday, October 31, 2014 6:09 PM
  • Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience.

The error you saw should only occur for a subscription used with a free trial offer type but I think we have a problem where that status remains recorded against the subscription for a period after it is upgraded.

Please use the below link to open a support ticket.

http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/support/options/

Regards,

Mekh.

Saturday, November 1, 2014 3:54 AM
  • Hi,

Am getting the following error when trying to upgrade the service objective.
    Please note am not in a trail subscription and am able to upgrade the service objective from the management portal.

Code:

$db = Get-AzureSqlDatabase $ctx –DatabaseName $databaseName
                 $serviceObjective = Get-AzureSqlDatabaseServiceObjective $ctx -ServiceObjectiveName "S2"

Set-AzureSqlDatabase -ConnectionContext $ctx –Database $db -ServiceObjective $serviceObjective -Edition $expectedEdition -MaxSizeGB $expectedSize  -Force

WARNING: Client Session Id: 'xxxxxxx-bd0b-c53a7fdf4d79-2014-11-09 18:32:27Z'
    WARNING: Client Request Id: ''
    '
    Set-AzureSqlDatabase : The operation is not supported for your subscription offer type.

Please help me in this regard. What should be done for this issue?

Thanks,

Pradebban Raja

Sunday, November 9, 2014 7:43 PM
  • Hi Pradebban,

I'm an engineer who put this restriction in place and I'm very sorry you are experiencing it. You need to be a paying customer to create databases of higher performance tiers. I'll be happy to help you with this issue if you could share your subscription with me privately. My email is olignat at Microsoft com.

Thanks,

Oleg

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 11:03 PM
  • Oki so what should i do if I can't even create a ticket ? 
    Saturday, December 6, 2014 10:58 PM
  • Hi,

In the event that you can’t create a ticket from the management portal, you can call a number here:

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/customer-service-phone-numbers

Regards,

Mekh.

Tuesday, December 9, 2014 6:35 AM