none
Change the background color of an object when clicked. RRS feed

• Question

• In PowerPoint 2013 I have a very simple setup where on one slide I need the fill color of a circle to change when clicked. I would use animations, but I need the changed color to persist even when navigated away from and back. The user will be using this as a tutorial and will need to be able to flip through at will. There will be several of these buttons on this one slide which makes adding dummy slides with the changed color unworkable (there are too many combinations).

For simplicity, I have renamed the circle A1. My code so far is:

Dim S1 as Shape

Sub ChangeColorA1() Set S1 = ActivePresentation.Slides(35).Shapes("A1") With S1 .Fill.ForeColor.RGB = RGB(104, 174, 226) End With End Sub

The issue with this is that the slide does not refresh when the circle is clicked. When you exit the slideshow, the circle is the new color in the editor, but during the show the fill does not change.

I don't want to add to much complexity, but how do you get the slide to refresh during the presentation?

• Edited by tdemerse Sunday, January 26, 2014 7:07 AM
    Sunday, January 26, 2014 7:03 AM

Answers

• Hi tdemerse,

Please check if this thread helps:

vba power point changing image border color on click

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by tdemerse Friday, April 11, 2014 3:47 PM
    Tuesday, January 28, 2014 9:51 AM

All replies

• Hi tdemerse,

Please check if this thread helps:

vba power point changing image border color on click

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by tdemerse Friday, April 11, 2014 3:47 PM
    Tuesday, January 28, 2014 9:51 AM
  • Although the link was broken, searching the name you provided got me to a resource that was able to help me work through the issue.

Thanks!

Friday, April 11, 2014 3:47 PM