none
The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. Problem. RRS feed

• Question

• Sorry, I know this question has been asked a few times and I did search and try to figure it out on my own but I was not able to figure it out. 

I am getting the following error on a website I am working on,  The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040). 

I have checked my references folder, the reference seems fine. The MySql.data dll is in the correct location, specific version is turned off. I just do not know what the issue is. 

Any Help pointing me in the right direction, would be great. Thanks in advance for the help. 

The full error is as follows

Exception Details: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'MySql.Data, Version=6.5.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c5687fc88969c44d' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Source Error: 

Line 46:             }
    Line 47:                 
    Line 48:         }
    Line 49: 
    Line 50:         /// <summary>

Source File: {File Path} Common.cs    Line: 48 

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'MySql.Data, Version=6.5.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c5687fc88969c44d' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Stack Trace: 

[FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'MySql.Data, Version=6.5.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c5687fc88969c44d' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)]
       {File Path} StartNHibernate(IThreadScopeInfo threadScope) in  {File Path} Common.cs:48
       {File Path} GlobalApplicationBase.Application_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e) in {File Path} GlobalApplicationBase.cs:45

[HttpException (0x80004005): Could not load file or assembly 'MySql.Data, Version=6.5.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c5687fc88969c44d' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)]
       System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.EnsureAppStartCalledForIntegratedMode(HttpContext context, HttpApplication app) +12863325
       System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +175
       System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +304
       System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +404
       System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +475

[HttpException (0x80004005): Could not load file or assembly 'MySql.Data, Version=6.5.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c5687fc88969c44d' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)]
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +12880068
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +159
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +12721257

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 5:10 PM

Answers