Installing Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition to Windows XP Home RRS feed

• Question

• I'm considering installing Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition for the purpose of supporting my study for the MCPD - Web developer (.NET 2.0) exams. I'm aware that Microsoft Windows XP SP2 is a pre-requisite. The machine on which I intend to install Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition has the following OS:

Microsft Windows XP
    Home Edition
    Version 2002
    Service Pack 3 

Is this sufficient ?
    Sunday, September 27, 2009 11:27 AM

Answers

• Hello,

You could install Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition on your OS as you described above.

More information about the system requirements of Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition, you could refer to the following:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/aa718669.aspx
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Send us any feedback you have about the help from MSFT at fbmsdn@microsoft.com.
    • Proposed as answer by Edwer Fang Friday, October 2, 2009 2:34 AM
    • Marked as answer by Edwer Fang Friday, October 2, 2009 9:41 AM
    Tuesday, September 29, 2009 2:47 AM

All replies

• Hi,
      You need Windows XP professional SP3 edition to install Visual studio.
    Thanks & Regards Roopesh Reddy
    Monday, September 28, 2009 7:28 AM
  • Hello,

You could install Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition on your OS as you described above.

More information about the system requirements of Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition, you could refer to the following:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/aa718669.aspx
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Send us any feedback you have about the help from MSFT at fbmsdn@microsoft.com.
    • Proposed as answer by Edwer Fang Friday, October 2, 2009 2:34 AM
    • Marked as answer by Edwer Fang Friday, October 2, 2009 9:41 AM
    Tuesday, September 29, 2009 2:47 AM