none
System.Data.OracleClient.dll & Multiple versions of OCI.dll RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have the next issue:

I'am using System.Data.OracleClient 2.0 and there are two versions of Client Oracle installed (9.2 and 10.2).

How I can identify which OCI.dll is used by System.Data.OracleClient programmatically and how I can define which I want to use?

Thanks in advance!

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 1:02 PM

Answers

• That is what Oracle will tell you to do if you have a meta link account but try the connection property under tools at the top of VS2005.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 2:42 PM

All replies

• In my experience installing both Oracle 9i and 10g client in your box can be a lot of problems because 10g will block your connection to 9i.  That said there is a connection property at th top of VS2005 you can use to change your database, all you will need is to install each in a separate folder and put the correct TNSNAME.ORA in that folder.  We upgraded to 10g from 9i during development and the transistion was easy.  I have to tell you it will not be easy because the Oracle installer just knows 10g when you have both in you box.  Hope this helps.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 2:06 PM
  • Thanks a lot for quick reply Caddre.

The only way, I've founded, is to modify PATH environmental variable...

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 2:36 PM
  • That is what Oracle will tell you to do if you have a meta link account but try the connection property under tools at the top of VS2005.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 2:42 PM
  • Connection property only gives version of the server.

Also I have found that I can declare a new environmental variable - ORACLE_HOME

Anyway, thanks a lot!

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 3:16 PM