none
Tee Node and Custom MFT RRS feed

• Question

• I have a topology as below, it works fine for all frames of video sequence:

Source --> Video Decoder MFT --->Custom MFT ---> Video Encoder MFT ---> File Sink MFT

If I insert a Tee node between "Custom MFT" & "Video Encoder MFT", to render the preview using EVR, then the application doesn't run for all frames of the input video. I mean it ends early, I see just 50% of frames in output file. Even I verified it by keeping process counter in "Custom MFT".

I tried to figure out the cause using mftrace, but it didn't help much. Is there a possibility of frame skips by any node if custom MFT takes too long time?  Can topology behavior change if 2 sinks run at different speed? Does topology stop If one of the sinks finish early? Is there a chance of frames getting dropped at input side of "Custom MFT"?

I experimented with 2 resolutions to check the behavior, this issue observed only when I try with UHD (3840x2160) resolution video. It works well for HD (1920x1080) resolution.

I have done some more experiments by changing "Tee Node" properties MF_TOPONODE_PRIMARYOUTPUT and MF_TOPONODE_DISCARDABLE. But Nothing helped.

Can someone give insights to figure out the cause for this behavior? Is there a property that I can set to avoid frame drops/skips in the entire topology? No node should drop any frames, it's OK to run with lesser speed.

Thursday, December 17, 2015 3:44 PM