Cannot reload a database created with PowerPivot. Get Vertipaq error. RRS feed

• Question

• .32-bit environment

.Text source loaded in PowerPivot (630,000 lines)

.40 regular Pivot Tables linked to that embedded PowerPivot database

.Save OK but cannot reload:

1. Error 2 from Microsoft Analysis Services\As OLEDB\10\SQLDUMPER.EXE, + "Microsoft PowerPivot Engine has stopped working"

2. I "close the program" option, and then I get immediately an "unable to load the Vertipaq engine" error with a call stack identical to MS support Article ID: 2025669.

3. I close the Vertipaq error and finally I get an error "Initialization of the data source failed"

After that, situation can be either OK, with my PowerPivot opening just fine with the whole database loaded, or I stay stuck in the loading.

My external source is fine and has not been moved. The same PowerPivot database, build in my environment, can be read by other analysts in my team, working in a 64 environment, without any error messages.

I saw a mention of registry issues in another thread. I checked the registry and everything looks OK.

I have reinstalled the latest version of PowerPivot with no effect.

Thanks for your help.

Claude

Claude
    Tuesday, December 14, 2010 9:07 PM

Answers

• Hi Claude,

Since there is dump file in this case(according to "Error 2 from Microsoft Analysis Services\As OLEDB\10\SQLDUMPER.EXE"), I would suggest you contacting Microsoft Customer Service support for a better assistment.

Thanks,
    Jin Chen

Jin Chen - MSFT
    Thursday, December 16, 2010 9:42 AM