none
permanently change start project

Question

• Hi,

when i change the starting project in solution properties menu, the change dosn't apply when i close visual studio.

When i reopen visual studio and the solution the starting project automatically change to the first web application of rhe solution, how can i definitely change it?
    Friday, November 27, 2015 4:43 PM

Answers

• Hi cipcip,

>>I've copieted a couple of projects from the original solution with the issue and it works

The problem remain only in the original solution, i'm curious to find out way, but no time, i decided to copy all project in a new solution hoping it will not compromise my work.

If it worked well after you copy the project files to the new blank solution, one possible reason is the certain project files was corrupted in your previous solution.

>>The are some raccomandation when you add existings projects hosted by iis in a new solutions?

No good suggestions for adding projects to the new solution, but if possible, you could take a backup before you really add all projects to the new solution, and then really compile this new solution in your side.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by cipcip Thursday, December 3, 2015 10:51 AM
    Wednesday, December 2, 2015 5:53 AM

All replies

• Hi cipcip,

Whether all solutions have the same issue or just the specific one?

For example, I just create two simple web apps in my VS2015 Enterprise version, and then change the start up project, close and re-open the VS, it works well in my side.

So if possible, you could create a simple solution with different blank/default project templates, and then test it again.

If a simple sample works well, I think the real issue would be related to your previous projects.

For example, whether you have the write/read permission for the project files? Or you could create a blank solution, and then copy the project files to the new blank solution, test it again.

But if all projects have the same issue, I suggest you check that whether you are the admin in this machine, or you could add a new profile user, and then log-in it using the new user, test it again.

Or you change the VS settings file's path in your "User" folder which was not recognized directly by the VS IDE, so it couldn't remember the changed settings after you re-open the project or others.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Monday, November 30, 2015 9:15 AM
  • Hi,

I've made a sample solution with 2 projects and it works.

I've copieted a couple of projects from the original solution with the issue and it works

The problem remain only in the original solution, i'm curious to find out way, but no time, i decided to copy all project in a new solution hoping it will not compromise my work.

The are some raccomandation when you add existings projects hosted by iis in a new solutions?

Tuesday, December 1, 2015 10:30 AM
  • Hi cipcip,

>>I've copieted a couple of projects from the original solution with the issue and it works

If it worked well after you copy the project files to the new blank solution, one possible reason is the certain project files was corrupted in your previous solution.

>>The are some raccomandation when you add existings projects hosted by iis in a new solutions?

No good suggestions for adding projects to the new solution, but if possible, you could take a backup before you really add all projects to the new solution, and then really compile this new solution in your side.

Best Regards,

Jack

• Marked as answer by cipcip Thursday, December 3, 2015 10:51 AM
    Wednesday, December 2, 2015 5:53 AM