none
Reseller program test submissions questions RRS feed

• Question

• We are a reseller of a driver developed by a chip manufacturer. They have WHQL certification from Microsoft for Windows 8. Their driver is downward compitable to XP and installs and works correctly on all those operating systems. Their driver installer package has one "cat" file and one "inf" file. There are 2 installer executables, one for x86 and one for x64, and 1 folder for each containing the driver binaries.

We use a customization "wizard" they provide to create a customized driver which uses our PID and product strings. (We use their VID.) Our customized driver just has a new "inf" file. Nothing else has changed. We would like to submit this driver package under your "Reseller program test submissions" program. This seems to be what is discussed in your document, hardware-certification-policies-processes.docx, and should cost $100. Microsoft will then give us a "cat" file to be used with the installer.

Please verify if everything I state above is correct or not.

Also can you give me or point me to a step-by-step submission procedure for this program? Does the chip vendor need to be involved? If so, how do I involve them?

Thank you very much for your reply.

Ed

Thursday, January 17, 2013 10:16 PM

All replies

•  

The original, submitter needs to resell the original logo license to your company. Then your company can update the driver and submit it as a Driver Update Acceptable (DUA) submission. The fees are $100 for both the reseller and DUA for a total fee of $200. No testing is required in this situation. The following link will contain details on how to complete the reseller and DUA submission.. Make sure you follow the procedures for the HCK or WLK depending on which kit applies to the original submission. If you encounter any further issues making the DUA submissions contact the Sysdev@microsoft.com alias for assistance.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/windows/hardware/br230784.aspx

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 9:09 PM