What are these files - newbie question RRS feed

• Question

• I am a software developer, just new to mobile devices. I was looking for the TMPCP video player. Found the Cab file and installed it. But the download also had a zip file with the files below. What are they and what do you do with them?

I wonder if I am suppose to do something with the zip files.The zip file is TCPMP_Master_Codec_Library_V.3_(WM6.1).zip

It contains 10 .dll files
    avcodec-51
    avcodec-51
    avutil-49
    avutil-49
    cegccthrd
    ffmpeg
    wma9prodecoder
    wmv9decoder
    wmv9decoder2700G

An MSCR file
    tcpmp.mscr

And 24 PLG files
    aac
    ac3
    amr
    asap
    avc
    camera
    ffmpeg
    flac
    ... couple more
    mp3
    ... couple more
    mpeg4
    ... couple more
    wavpack

Thursday, March 25, 2010 9:26 PM

Answers

• This is a forum that mainly deals with questions about Microsoft's products. I don't think we can help you much on this "TMPCP video player" as few people here are familiar with it. You would get much better chance by contacting its author directly. 
    Please mark the post that helps you, and unmark that does not. This benefits our community.
    • Marked as answer by warrentang Thursday, April 1, 2010 4:01 AM
    Monday, March 29, 2010 7:15 AM

All replies

• I wouldn't have here if I was getting the answers from somewhere else. I'm not looking for to spend my free time on forums - looking to learn. The thread that you refereneced said the following. This does not tell me what is a mscr file, a plg file, what folder would you copy them to your device, what do they do, etc.

"The third, the ZIP is if you want the codecs separately. If you find the .cab or the .exe don't do everything you need then you can look at adding the contents of the .zip to your Axim."

Saturday, March 27, 2010 12:08 AM
  • This is a forum that mainly deals with questions about Microsoft's products. I don't think we can help you much on this "TMPCP video player" as few people here are familiar with it. You would get much better chance by contacting its author directly. 
    Please mark the post that helps you, and unmark that does not. This benefits our community.
    • Marked as answer by warrentang Thursday, April 1, 2010 4:01 AM
    Monday, March 29, 2010 7:15 AM
  • Nobody knows or has a guess what a plg, or mscr file type is? If you downloaded some software for the mobile device and it had some dlls, plgs, and a mscr nobody would have a guess as to what you do with the files? 
    Monday, March 29, 2010 10:48 AM