none
Kiosk Mode - Windows 10

Question

• Hi Folks, 

We have come across a sudden problem after upgrading windows 8.1 PC's which were running LOB apps in kiosk mode. 

The upgrade went smoothly and Windows 10 took over de apps in Kiosk Mode for the kiosk user. However we wanted to upgrade the LOB app too, so we took the user out of Kiosk mode upgraded the LOB app to the new version and when we tried to configure the user again for Kiosk Mode, we couldnt find the LOB apps, Only two apps were available for the user, One Note and Skype. 

Any help here will be appreciated. 

Thursday, March 24, 2016 12:22 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

New in Windows 10 is that it will only allow UWP apps with an uap extension windows.aboveLockScreen. For more information, see Kiosk apps for assigned access: best practices.

It might work not using the UI with the Powershell. See Configuring assigned access by using Windows PowerShell. If you use that, it won't show up in the UI of Windows 10 settings. I haven't seen it work, but it might. Otherwise you'll have to upgrade your app to UWP, which isn't too hard most of the time depending on the complexity of the app.

Martin

Please mark this response as answer if it helped you.

Thursday, March 24, 2016 12:29 PM
  • I have managed to get my app to display in kiosk mode but now I cannot get the touch keyboard to show on our usb touchscreen monitor. I have put the pc in tablet mode and enabled the keyboard when no keyboards are detected to no avail. I am trying to trigger the inputPane from within the code but still nothing is happening :(
    Saturday, July 2, 2016 2:30 PM