none
Outlook add-in not working - the "findribbons" task failed unexpectedly RRS feed

• Question

• Hi
    I have an add-in I created for Outlook 2013 which has been working perfectly for me
    This weekend I have wiped and reinstalled my computer and now cannot get my add-in to build in visual studio 2013
    The error I get is below:-
    Error	1	The "FindRibbons" task failed unexpectedly.
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Outlook_CRM_Tool, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    File name: 'Outlook_CRM_Tool, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean forIntrospection)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
       at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString)
       at System.UnitySerializationHolder.GetRealObject(StreamingContext context)

at Microsoft.Build.Framework.ITask.Execute()
       at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskExecutionHost.Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.ITaskExecutionHost.Execute()
       at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskBuilder.<ExecuteInstantiatedTask>d__20.MoveNext()

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].
    	Outlook_CRM_Tool

Darren Rose

Sunday, January 25, 2015 11:20 PM

Answers

• SOLVED:

Opened another winform project to see if that would work and got message about .NET3.5 not being installed - so added it via control panel > turn windows features on or off

Then got new message "Could not run the “GenerateResource” task because MSBuild could not create or connect to a task host with runtime “CLR2″ and architecture “x86″" - so googled it and added a system environment variable as it suggested i.e. DISABLEOUTOFPROCTASKHOST with a value of 1 - and now all my apps (and more importantly my outlook add-in now work)

P.S No idea why it should fix it though, as my add-in is set to target .NET 4.5 anyway?! - but at least it is working for now

Darren Rose

• Marked as answer by wingers Monday, January 26, 2015 1:56 PM
    • Edited by wingers Monday, January 26, 2015 2:20 PM
    Monday, January 26, 2015 1:43 PM

All replies

• Hi,Darren

<< Could not load file or assembly 'Outlook_CRM_Tool, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

It has clearly illustrated that the assembly outlook_crm_tool.dll can’t be found.In your solution, You have referred an assembly Outlook_CRM_Tool , which seems to be a third_party assembly or you make it yourself .After you reinstalled your PC and  built your add-in VS2013, have you install the Outlook_CRM_Tool ? If it is, have you add the reference for your solution?

Best Regards

Lan

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, January 26, 2015 11:16 AM
  • Hi Lan

Thanks for your response

Outlook_CRM_Tool is the name of the add-in I am trying to build/run in Visual Studio - it doesn't rely on anything else being installed - it is simply a VSTO outlook add-in

As I say was working fine in Outlook before reinstall of Windows - so confused as to why not working, or what step I must have missed

Surely when I build it is then creating the .dll in the bin/debug folder - shouldn't be looking for any other .dll as it creates in during build?

Any ideas what I can check to narrow down issue

Thanks

Darren Rose

Monday, January 26, 2015 12:23 PM
  • SOLVED:

Opened another winform project to see if that would work and got message about .NET3.5 not being installed - so added it via control panel > turn windows features on or off

Then got new message "Could not run the “GenerateResource” task because MSBuild could not create or connect to a task host with runtime “CLR2″ and architecture “x86″" - so googled it and added a system environment variable as it suggested i.e. DISABLEOUTOFPROCTASKHOST with a value of 1 - and now all my apps (and more importantly my outlook add-in now work)

P.S No idea why it should fix it though, as my add-in is set to target .NET 4.5 anyway?! - but at least it is working for now

Darren Rose

• Marked as answer by wingers Monday, January 26, 2015 1:56 PM
    • Edited by wingers Monday, January 26, 2015 2:20 PM
    Monday, January 26, 2015 1:43 PM