This application's package family has more than one package installed

Question

• Hi,

I released a Windows Store app several months ago, and recently started work on the Windows Phone version.

Over the weekend I associated the Phone version with the existing Windows version in the App Store and made the necessary changes to get the phone version to build (universal app).

When it built successfully, I switched back to my Windows version to check the changes I had made had not affected it, but it no longer runs – I just get the following error

This application's package family has more than one package installed.  This is not supported.

I don’t know if this is anything to do with the fact I associated the Phone version with the existing Windows version in the App Store, or the fact I installed VS2013 Update 4 at around the same time, but I have no clue how to get my Store app running again.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Russ

Monday, November 24, 2014 8:44 PM

All replies

• Try uninstalling the Store app on your machine.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 1:45 PM
  • Thanks Matt, but that was the first thing I tried before hacking the registry and executing various powershell commands, none of which helped.

I'm completely clueless what to try next.

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 7:07 PM
  • Hi,

I released a Windows Store app several months ago, and recently started work on the Windows Phone version.

Over the weekend I associated the Phone version with the existing Windows version in the App Store and made the necessary changes to get the phone version to build (universal app).

When it built successfully, I switched back to my Windows version to check the changes I had made had not affected it, but it no longer runs – I just get the following error

This application's package family has more than one package installed.  This is not supported.

I don’t know if this is anything to do with the fact I associated the Phone version with the existing Windows version in the App Store, or the fact I installed VS2013 Update 4 at around the same time, but I have no clue how to get my Store app running again.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Russ

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 8:45 PM