Outlook add-in works fine except when I'm the organizer of the meeting! RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm developing an Office add-in for Outlook meetings (based on HTML/Javascript) which should appear when a meeting is opened in read or compose mode.

The add-in works fine on Outlook Web Access, so it always show up and works as expected. But when I want to use it on Outlook Rich Client then it doesn't appear when the logged in user is the organizer of the meeting. Weird, because when the user opens the same meeting on Outlook Web Access then the add-in works as expected.

I have tried to open the add-in manually (via "Apps for Office") on the Outlook Client but that doesn't solve the problem because the metadata of the meeting can not be retrieved. (Again weird because the same add-in works fine on the same meeting when using the Outlook Web Access).

Anyone knows why this is happening and how to solve this problem? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advanced.

Friday, June 19, 2015 8:02 AM

Answers

• Hi MuMo84,

>> But when I want to use it on Outlook Rich Client then it doesn't appear when the logged in user is the organizer of the meeting.

What do you mean by “the logged in user is the organizer of the meeting.”? Did you mean that if organizer of the meeting open the meeting in Outlook Rich client, Office add-in did not work, if another user who is not organizer of the meeting could open the outlook Rich client in the same pc, Office add-in worked correctly?

Based on your description, do you mean that your Office add-in worked in Outlook web application, but it did not work on Outlook Client? If so, did you get any error message when you use Office add-in in your Outlook Client? What your Office version? There are some requirements when you use Office add-in (app for office) in your Client.

1. Office 2013 or later is required;
    2. Internet Explorer 9 or later is required.
    You could refer the link below for more details.

# Client requirements: Windows desktop and tablet
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/EN-US/library/office/dn833104.aspx

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, June 22, 2015 5:57 AM