Protecting an Azure Function from abuse RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I would like to protect my azure functions from abuse with variable rate limits depending on which function is being called.

Before I roll something myself, is there any inbuilt mechanism for this, including any configurable firewall?

Nick.

Saturday, December 10, 2016 9:20 AM

Answers

All replies

• *bump*, no input on this, even from Microsoft?  What's the point in having a super cheap, super fast web function that can be abused and make me bankrupt?  Surely there's a way to protect these?
    Wednesday, December 14, 2016 11:41 AM
  • I've chosen to use Facebook Authentication for protecting the calls from unauthorised access, and also roll my own basic filter to prevent spamming functions.
    Thursday, December 15, 2016 8:13 AM
  • Hi devniknak,

Perhaps you can also consider checking Azure API Management to secure and protect HTTP Triggered Functions.

I found this tutorial that also explains it how to use both services together.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
    Carlos Sardo

Thursday, December 15, 2016 1:52 PM
  • Hi devniknak,

Perhaps you can also consider checking Azure API Management to secure and protect HTTP Triggered Functions.

I found this tutorial that also explains it how to use both services together.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
    Carlos Sardo

Absolutely not at that price.  I'm using Azure Functions for its scalability and cost. $23 (minimum) a day is not what I'm after, regardless of capabilities. 

(£30 a month for developer pricing, but still way more than the cost of azure functions).

• Edited by devniknak Thursday, December 15, 2016 2:40 PM
    Thursday, December 15, 2016 1:54 PM