SharePoint Online - Office 365 limitation SharePoint Online - Office 365 limitation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I have a E3 membership with Microsoft Online 365, and am using SharePoint Online.

I have private site collections which reads menporul.sharepoint.com, basically our intranet which we wanted to map to http://menporul-solutions.co.uk/

It turns outs that you cannot map the private site collections to a public domain and the word SharePoint is going to stay with our intranet url.

I would like to know what others are doing when they use SharePoint Online for their intranet.
    What options do I have to achieve what I want?

We are not using the public website, so is it possible to move all the content to public website in SharePoint online and use it as a private site collection?

Thanks in advance

Tuesday, March 6, 2012 4:45 PM

Answers

All replies

• It is possible to change the Site Domain and remove the (siteurl).sharepoint.com.

Then, select the domain you want. Of course, you need to register these domain first in Office 365.

Your intranet site will be under http://www.(siteurl).com/teamsite

Francois Lessard
    www.docteurl.com

• Edited by Docteur L Tuesday, March 6, 2012 7:51 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Cawood Wednesday, March 7, 2012 5:11 AM
    • Marked as answer by Xue-Mei Chang-MSFT Monday, March 19, 2012 2:30 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by sankumarr Monday, March 19, 2012 9:45 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by sankumarr Monday, March 19, 2012 9:45 AM
    Tuesday, March 6, 2012 7:51 PM
  • This does not solve the issue with private site collections. If its possible, that too with E3 Plan, can you please eloborate on the steps please? I have been told by Microsoft Support that Private Site Collections cannnot have their own domains. It would be of great relief if you could get this solved for me!!!
    Monday, March 19, 2012 9:52 AM
  • Private site collections in fact cannot have their own domain names unfortunately.  There is no way around this right now.

Corey Roth - SharePoint Server MVP blog: www.dotnetmafia.com twitter: @coreyroth

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 1:56 PM