Staging Stored Procedure not moving data from Stage table to MDS table RRS feed

• Question

• I'm able to populate a staging table within MDS through SSIS based on the example video shown on the MDS website.  In this case my table is called stg.Dispenser_Leaf and I'm using the Derived Column transformation in SSIS to add in an ImportType = 2 and a BatchTag = GETDATE(). 

At that point I'm able to see a batch available in the Integration Management view of the MDS Web Interface.  When I try to execute the Staging Stored Procedure with the code listed at the bottom of this post it does not start the batch process and push the data into the MDS table (mdm.tbl_4_9_EN)  as expected.  The only way that I am able to get my data from the staging table to the MDS table is by manually clicking on Start Batches within the Integration Management view of the MDS Web Interface.  I haven't been able to figure out why the stored procedure doesn't seem to be working.  It is executing through but does not seem to do anything to the batch.  I think I am passing in the necessary parameters as specified but it is just not working.  Does anyone have any thoughts on what else I can try?

USE [MDS_Dev]

GO

EXEC[stg].[udp_Dispenser_Leaf]

@VersionName = N'VERSION_1',

@LogFlag = 0,

@BatchTag = N'Test_Dispenser'

GO

Thursday, August 23, 2012 6:03 PM

Answers

• Hi

You have mentioned that the Batch Tag was set to GETDATE() but the Proc execution query shows 'Test_Dispenser'. Was that Just a typo mismatch in the post?

Also can you please specify what's the error code that is set in the staging table after you run the Proc

You can find some reference here

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff487022.aspx

Hari (Microsoft)

• Marked as answer by TK799 Wednesday, August 29, 2012 1:39 PM
    Tuesday, August 28, 2012 6:38 AM

All replies

• Hi

You have mentioned that the Batch Tag was set to GETDATE() but the Proc execution query shows 'Test_Dispenser'. Was that Just a typo mismatch in the post?

Also can you please specify what's the error code that is set in the staging table after you run the Proc

You can find some reference here

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff487022.aspx

Hari (Microsoft)

• Marked as answer by TK799 Wednesday, August 29, 2012 1:39 PM
    Tuesday, August 28, 2012 6:38 AM
  • It did seem to be the fact that the Batch Tags where different between the staging process and the stored procedure to move the data into the MDS table.
    Wednesday, August 29, 2012 1:38 PM
  • I'm able to populate a staging table within MDS through SSIS based on the example video shown on the MDS website.  In this case my table is called stg.Dispenser_Leaf and I'm using the Derived Column transformation in SSIS to add in an ImportType = 2 and a BatchTag = GETDATE(). 

At that point I'm able to see a batch available in the Integration Management view of the MDS Web Interface.  When I try to execute the Staging Stored Procedure with the code listed at the bottom of this post it does not start the batch process and push the data into the MDS table (mdm.tbl_4_9_EN)  as expected.  The only way that I am able to get my data from the staging table to the MDS table is by manually clicking on Start Batches within the Integration Management view of the MDS Web Interface.  I haven't been able to figure out why the stored procedure doesn't seem to be working.  It is executing through but does not seem to do anything to the batch.  I think I am passing in the necessary parameters as specified but it is just not working.  Does anyone have any thoughts on what else I can try?

USE [MDS_Dev]

GO

EXEC[stg].[udp_Dispenser_Leaf]

@VersionName = N'VERSION_1',

@LogFlag = 0,

@BatchTag = N'Test_Dispenser'

GO

Hi,

Were you able to solve this issue?

Please do share your idea for solving this!

Wednesday, June 14, 2017 5:31 AM