Scrum Dashboard for SharePoint (Scrum Template 2013.4 vs Scrum Template 2.2)? RRS feed

• Question

• We are upgrading TFS from 2012 to TFS 2013. We have a custom process template which is based off of the Scrum 2.2 template. All of our TFS projects are using the same process template.

We plan to continue using our custom Scrum 2.2 process template after the upgrade instead of scrum 2.2. My question is regarding the SharePoint Scrum Dashboard and the SharePoint Scrum Dashboard with Reporting.

On our Test TFS 2013 server we are using the custom Scrum 2.2 template. When I went to Activate both dashboards (Scrum Dashboard, and Scrum Dashboard with Reporting), the description shows the following:

Scrum Dashboards

Activate if the team project does not have reporting enabled and the project was created using the Microsoft Visual Studio Scrum 2013.4 process template

Scrum Dashboards with Reporting

Activate if the team project has reporting enabled and the project was created using the Microsoft Visual Studio Scrum 2013.4 process template

However, all of our TFS Projects were created with and still use the custom Scrum 2.2 template. I wanted to ask before I tried to active both of these dashboards.

Will I be able to Activate both of them and use them even if I am not using the Scrum 2013.4 process template?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Monday, January 5, 2015 5:16 PM

Answers

• Hi AUtfsAdmin,  

Thanks for your post.

Yes, as far as I know you can activate that dashboards in your SharePoint site and use scrum 2.2 template. But we suggest you configure the new features for team project after upgraded, you need upgrade your custom scrum template to support new feature.   

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by AUtfsAdmin Tuesday, January 6, 2015 1:24 PM
    Tuesday, January 6, 2015 5:56 AM

All replies

• Hi AUtfsAdmin,  

Thanks for your post.

Yes, as far as I know you can activate that dashboards in your SharePoint site and use scrum 2.2 template. But we suggest you configure the new features for team project after upgraded, you need upgrade your custom scrum template to support new feature.   

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by AUtfsAdmin Tuesday, January 6, 2015 1:24 PM
    Tuesday, January 6, 2015 5:56 AM
  • Thanks!
    Tuesday, January 6, 2015 1:24 PM